Six Things to Know About Nuclear Operators:
- They control the flow of electricity a nuclear power plant generates.
- They work for local governments and utilities.
- Because of the vulnerability of nuclear plants, operators are subject to tight security measures.
- Employment is expected to grow more slowly than the average for all occupations through 2020.
- Nuclear plant operators must have a high school diploma. They then receive a combination of on-the-job and technical classroom training before taking a mandatory licensing exam.
- The median annual salary in the United States was $76,590 in 2011. Median hourly earnings were $36.82.
How to Get More Information: