It's polite to send a thank you note after a job interview
. It also gives you the opportunity to bring up something you may have forgotten to say or that you want to reiterate.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- If more than one person interviewed you, send a letter to each one.
- Start with the correct format for a business letter.
- Address the person formally, i.e. Dear Mrs. Jones, and check the spelling of his or her name.
- Make sure to include the date you were interviewed, i.e. Thank you for interviewing me on Monday, January 12th.
- Keep the letter short and simple.
- Bring up one point you would like the interviewer to remember.
- Check your letter carefully for errors and, if possible, have someone else check it too.
- All business letters must be typed.
- Use this opportunity to express a clear interest in the job.
- Make sure your letter is error free.