Job Description - Graphic Designer:
Employment Facts - Graphic Designer:
Educational Requirements - Graphic Designer:
Other Requirements - Graphic Designer:
Advancement Opportunities - Graphic Designer:
Job Outlook - Graphic Designer:
Earnings - Graphic Designer:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a graphic designer currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Graphic Designer's Life:
On a typical day a graphic designer's tasks might include:
- meeting with a client to learn about his or her needs, the message he or she wants to communicate and the audience he or she wants to target
- preparing preliminary sketches or layouts by hand or computer
- selecting visual elements of the design including color, animation, photography and font style
- consulting with copywriters on text that will accompany a design
- presenting finished design to client for approval
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Graphic Designers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos090.htm (visited April 01, 2011).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Graphic Designers, on the Internet at http://www.onetonline.org/link/details/27-1024.00 (visited April 01, 2011).