Job Description - Judge:
Employment Facts - Judge:
Educational Requirements - Judge:
Job Outlook - Judge:
Earnings - Judge:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a Judge currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Judge's Life:
On a typical day a judge's tasks might include:
- presiding over trials or hearings to make sure they are conducted fairly
- listening to attorneys present their cases
- ruling on whether evidence is admissable in court
- settling disputes between opposing attorneys
- deciding whether evidence presented during a pretrail hearing merits a trial
- instructing and directing juries
- deciding non-jury cases
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Judge, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos272.htm (visited May 09, 2011).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Judge, on the Internet at http://www.onetonline.org/link/details/23-1023.00 (visited May 09, 2011).