What is Networking?Networking involves individuals forming mutually supportive relationships. People form networks for a variety of purposes, including career advancement. Networking can help you you in a variety of ways as you begin and grow your career.
How Networking Can Help You With Career AdvancementNetworking is not merely a way to get jobs, as commonly believed. While networking may eventually lead you to job opportunities, there are other ways your career can benefit from it.
- Learn about an occupation by conducting information interviews with members of your network.
- Get recommendations when you are looking for new employees to hire.
- Research an area or subject with which you are unfamiliar for a work project.
- Get information about a potential employer before you go on an interview.
- Get information about a client.