Job Description - Laboratory Technician:
Employment Facts - Laboratory Technician:
Educational Requirements - Laboratory Technician:
Other Requirements - Laboratory Technician:
Advancement Opportunities - Laboratory Technician:
Job Outlook - Laboratory Technician:
Earnings - Laboratory Technician:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a Laboratory Technician currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Laboratory Technician's Life:
On a typical day a laboratory technician's tasks might include:
- examining and analyzing body fluids and cells
- preparing specimans for examination
- counting cells and looking for abnormalities
- using automated equipment and computerized instruments
- using microscopes, cell counters, and other sophisticated laboratory equipment.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Clinical Laboratory Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos096.htm (visited January 25, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/29-2012.00 (visited November 29, 2010).