Library Assistant Job Description:
Employment Facts for Library Assistants:
Educational Requirements for Library Assistants:
Advancement Opportunities for Library Assistants:
Job Outlook for Library Assistants:
How Much Do Library Assistants Earn?:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much library assistants currently earn in your city.
A Day in a Library Assistant's Life:
- issue library cards to library patrons;
- work at the circulation desk, lending and receiving library-owned material;
- inspect returned material for damage;
- repair damaged books, magazines, etc.;
- sort and shelve material;
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Library Assistants, Clerical on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/education-training-and-library/library-technicians-and-assistants.htm (visited November 29, 2010)
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Library Assistants, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/43-4121.00 (visited November 29, 2010).