Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a Makeup Artist currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Makeup Artist's Life:
On a typical day a makeup artist's tasks might include:
- consulting with performers, directors and others associated with a production in order to come up with a makeup plan that meets the desired effects
- duplicating makeup from prior day or days so performers' appearances remain the same over multiple days of filming
- planning use of makeup according to a script
- reapplying makeup as necessary throughout a performance
- establishing and working within a budget
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Makeup Artist, Theatrical And Performance, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos333.htm (visited November 30, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Makeup Artist, Theatrical And Performance, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/39-5091.00 (visited November 30, 2010).