Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a marketing manager currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Marketing Manager's Life:
On a typical day a marketing manager's duties might include:
- Formulating, directing and coordinating marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Identifying, developing and evaluating a company's or organization's marketing strategy, based on knowledge of it's objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Directing the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and overseeing their daily activities.
- Evaluating the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Developing pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Advertising, Marketing, Promotions, Public Relations, and Sales Managers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos020.htm (visited November 30, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Marketing Managers, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/11-2021.00 (visited November 30, 2010).