Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a producer currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Producer's Life:
On a typical day a producer's tasks might include:
- Coordinating the activities of writers, directors, managers, and other personnel throughout the production process.
- Monitoring postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Performing management activities such as budgeting, scheduling, planning, and marketing.
- Determining production size, content, and budget, establishing details such as production schedules and management policies.
- Conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Actors, Producers and Directors, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos093.htm (visited February 17, 2009).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Producer, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/27-2012.01 (visited February 17, 2009).