Job Description - Project Manager:
Employment Facts - Project Manager:
Educational Requirements - Project Manager:
Other Requirements - Project Manager:
Advancement Opportunities - Project Manager:
Job Outlook - Project Manager:
Earnings - Project Manager:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a project manager currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Project Manager's Life:
On a typical day a project manager's tasks may include:
- Scheduling the project in logical steps and budgeting time required to meet deadlines.
- Conferring with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients, representing the owner or developer.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Project Manager, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos005.htm (visited December 6, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Project Manager, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/11-9021.00 (visited December 6, 2010).