Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much a computer support specialist currently earns in your city.
A Day in a Computer Support Specialist's Life:
On a typical day a computer support specialist's tasks may include:
- Overseeing the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answering user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Entering commands and observing system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Setting up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Installing and performing minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintaining records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Computer Support Specialist, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos306.htm (visited November 10, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Computer Support Specialist, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/15-1041.00 (visited November 10, 2010).