Job Description - Veterinary Assistant:
Employment Facts - Veterinary Assistants:
Educational Requirements - Veterinary Assistants:
Job Outlook -Veterinary Assistants:
Earnings - Veterinary Assistants:
Use the Salary Wizard at Salary.com to find out how much veterinary assistants currently earn in your city.
A Day in a Veterinary Assistant's Life:
- feed, water and examine animals;
- clean and disinfect cages and work areas;
- sterilize laboratory and surgical equipment;
- provide post-operative care;
- administer medication orally or topically;
- prepare samples for laboratory examination under a veterinarian's or veterinarian technician's supervision;
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Animal Care and Service Workers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos168.htm (visited December 8, 2010).
Employment and Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor, O*NET Online, Veterinary Assistants and Animal Laboratory Caretakers, on the Internet at http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/31-9096.00 (visited December 8, 2010).