To be competitive in today's work place you must be able to:
- Listen Well: Good listening skills make you more productive, help you get along better with others, and allow you to work better in a team-based environment.
- Know How to Use a Computer: No matter what your job is, it's likely you will need to use a computer. It's important to make sure your computer skills are up-to-date.
- Write Effectively: Whether your job requires you to write short memos or lengthy reports, you must be able to communicate well in writing.
- Deal With Crises at Work Being able to solve problems quickly and seamlessly can set you apart from others.
- Manage Your Time: Learning how to manage your time effectively will allow you to complete projects in a timely fashion.