- Describe what you do as an insurance agent?
- What do you like about being an insurance agent? What don't you like about it?
- With the proper training, how easy or difficult is it for someone to get an entry level job as an insurance agent?
- Are you happy you became an insurance agent? Why or why not?
- I am quite satisfied with my job but the challenge is I am not making as much money as i intend.
- —Guest mercy
what insurance agent does
- As an insurance agent,you are a field worker.You go out prospecting people to buy policy(ies) that suit thier needs as an individual or company/organisation. After your prospect agrees to pick your policy, you then collect necessary information on what you are insuring and pass it to the underwriter for evaluation and issuance of policy certificate. Thereafter, you keep servicing your client by the way of collecting premiums (especially in life insurance) and remitting it to the insurance company's bank account and then returning the receipt of payment to your client. Also in times of claim, you assist your client to get his claim from the insurance company. The good thing of being an insurance agent is that you have time for yourself, you meet people (make connection), you can make millions from one good business. Objections from people could be frustrating.
- —Guest kingsley akabusi